Medical marijuana is legal in almost 36 states in the US and this is due to the fact that doctors believe that marijuana has healing properties. Under the federal law, growing marijuana, using it or having it in your possession is a criminal offense and for this reason, it is important that unless you have your physician's recommendation to use it, you don't even think about growing this substance at home.
For those who have obtained a license to grow marijuana legally, it is important that you learn the techniques of growing and cultivating marijuana. Given below is a short medical marijuana growing guide that can help you understand the process better.
1. Choosing a space to grow - some great places include basements, closets and attics. No matter which indoor location you choose, make sure that it has access to electrical outlets.
2. Containers - you will need to grow your plant in a pot or a container. Always make sure that you use large plastic pots.
3. Lighting - if you grow the plant indoors, then there are no chances for your plant to get sufficient sunlight. Since plants like marijuana need a lot of sunlight to grow well, you can use artificial lighting to give your plant all the light it needs to grow. The best option is LED Grow Lights.
4. Consider the factors that will affect the rate of photosynthesis - apart from the amount of light reaching the plants, there are other factors that will affect the rate of photosynthesis. These include humidity, temperature, carbon dioxide, water, etc.
5. Harvesting - the best time to harvest is when the plants have started flowering. Wait for the flowering process to complete. Cut the plants, remove the lower big leaves and place the plants in shoe boxes. Stir them around on a daily basis as this will help them dry quickly. Once the plants have dried completely, they are ready for use.
Please grow your cannabis legally!